Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Ultimate Flacon Championship NeedZ Moar Meta-knight Ultimate Zangief Championship Secret Event Mystery Event (Not a video game)
Morton Hall 58 E Green Drive Athens Ohio 45701
Start Date: Mar 2, 2012 08:00 PM End Date: Mar 4, 2012 03:00 AM
08:00 PM - Doors open 09:00 PM - UFC 10:30 PM - Secret Event 12:00 AM - Mystery Event 04:00 AM - Doors Close
SATURDAY 10:30 AM - Wake up 11:00 AM - Doors Open 11:30 AM - Registration 12:00 AM - Registration Closes 12:30 AM - Brawl Doubles 01:00 PM - Street Fighter IV 01:30 PM - Melee Doubles 02:30 PM - Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 03:00 PM - Brawl Pools 04:30 PM - Melee Singles 06:30 PM - UZC 07:00 PM - Brawl Singles 08:30 PM - NMMK 04:00 AM - Doors Close
How Much?FEES $5 Venue Fee Waivered if you:
A.) Bring a FULL setup B.) Bring an Ohio University ID
10$ per Main event (Doubles is 10$ per person) 5$ for Side Events (Doubles is 5$ per person)
1$ for NMMK and Secret Event UFC, UZC, and Mystery Event are FREE!
* A Full Setup means TV plus system + game WITH EVERYTHING UNLOCKED!!!!
$50 Pot Bonus 44% 28% 14% 8% 4% 4%
Main Event Teams
55% 30% 15%
$10 Pot Bonus 60% 30% 10% 5$
SPECIAL EVENTS(If money is involved)
80% 20% Money Back Otherwise, prizes to the top 3. To be revealed on the tournament day
There will be no food provided during the tournament. However there are food locations near campus 10 min walk to Court street 3 min drive.
Bring your own Controller/Stick!!!! If you do not own a controller/stick, please make arrangements to borrow one. The T.O. will NOT be handing out controllers for this event.
Keister’s Venue Policy - If you are still in an event, you cannot leave the venue unless: -You have asked TheKiest, not an assistant, and I said “Yes” -Emergency Reasons to be explained by someone else that would prevent you from competing. Consider yourself disqualified if you do so.
Keister’s Food Policy - If you are still in an event, 10 minutes will be given to finish food. DO NOT LEAVE TO GET FOOD WHILE YOU ARE IN A MATCH. Most places deliver Food here. If you are hungry, then: -Have someone else get food for you. -Order Food. -Wait until you are no longer in an event. If you are still in an event when your food arrives, 10 minutes will be given to finish food. Then matches must continue.
Keister’s Smoke Policy – 15 minutes for every hour PLAYED. Let TheKiest know when this break is happening. Non-smokers already get this indirectly due to proper scheduling and not wasting time smoking. Naturally, if you are not in anymore events then you can smoke as long as your wallet lets you.
Keister’s Money Match Policy – No Money Matches can take place while both players are still in a bracket (Even if it’s for a different game). However a Money Match can take place during a bracket match if both players wish to. In which case, results still go towards the bracket and the match must be done in bracket format. FOR EXAMPLE: Player A wanted to money match Player B and it turns out Player A will fight Player B during bracket, then Player A and B may agree to make that match be the money match. If a player starts a money match while that player is called for a bracket match, the late to match policy will begin.
Keister’s Late Policy – If you are called for a match, then you have 5 minutes to get there. If you are late, then the first round/stock goes to the opponent. Each additional 5 minutes is another stock/round. This does not apply if you are already playing in a different event.
Keister’s Brawl Policy – Any player in Brawl Bracket cannot enter any Saturday Special Events until completely eliminated. Any player in Brawl Singles can only enter 2 Side events, unless that player is already eliminated.
In exchange for following these rules, you’ll have the best time ever in this event. I try my best to schedule matches so players get breaks, but becomes more difficult to do so when multiple events are involved. Specific Event Rules are below.
All Main events (Besides Teams) will either have: Pools to eliminate ½ to ¾ of the total entrants to bracket. Triple Elimination Bracket.
All other events besides Mystery event will be Double Elimination Bracket.
Main and Side Event Games will be best of three (First to 2), with Winner Finals, Loser Finals, and Grand Finals being best of 5 (First to 3). Special Event Games will be best of three (First to 2), with Grand Finals being best of 5 (First to 3).
Pools and Bracket will be seeded in this priority: Skill Car Group City State Pool’s Group (If applies) Previous Tournament Fight (If possible) Pot Bonuses for all games.
Specific Game Rules
Smash Bros Brawl
Unity Ruleset However, since MK is now banned. This seems like to perfect time to try out some of those "pesky stages" again. Stay tuned!
Winner must stay characters, but may change order and assist types.
Ultimate Falcon Championship
Falcon Only Items Off STAGE LIST Neutral (On Random) Battlefield Battleship Halberd Castle Siege Final Destination Delfino Plaza Lylat Cruise Pokemon Stadium 1 Smashville Yoshi's Island (Brawl) COUNTER PICK ALL EXCEPT FOR 75 Meter Mario Bros. Rumble Falls Flat Zone 2
N3edz M0ar M3ta N1GHT5
Meta Knight Only All Items on High All Stages on Random
Ultimate Zangief Championship
Zangief only Players and Spectators must do Zangief's Victory pose after every match. (Or get SPDed)
Game will not be revealed until Registration is closed
Is not a video game Is something anyone can do, even a 3 year old.
Conduct: * You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller malfunctions or incorrect button settings, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that is responsible for the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you. This does not apply if the player is in a different tournament game.
* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion. Applies mostly to Smash games.
* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches. PS3 users please use the “Disconnect Controller” from the home menu.
* Stalling is banned.
Quote: Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. While doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Applies mostly to Smash games.
* Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity. AKA don't be a **** if we want to use gameplay footage for future events or streams.
* Seamus McFly's Sportsmanship Rule: If a losing player ends the match with "No Contest" (pausing and ending the game before the victory screen) after they lose their final stock but before "GAME" is called, that player is subject to consequences ranging from forfeit of that set to disqualification from the competition. Consequences can be avoided by apologizing to the other player for robbing them of a victory screen. Also, Excessive displays of rage over losing matches (shouting, controller throwing) will not be tolerated.
In other words, be respectful to the games and the players.